Position — Bookkeeper
Rainbow Center (RC) was established in 1997 with the goal of providing a safe resource referral and gathering space for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and allied community. That mission is just as pertinent now as it was then. In the community we provide education resources, act as advocates and work to celebrate our unique histories.
As a community center, the RC provides outreach and education on LGBTQ cultural competency, advocacy services for victims of crimes, and volunteer opportunities. We also provide meeting space for several community partners and host the annual Tacoma Pride Festival.
Over 100 people from all different backgrounds make use of the RC on a weekly basis, with visitors predominantly from Pierce, King, Kitsap, and Thurston counties. Please look online for more information www.rainbowcntr.org.
The Rainbow Center is a proudly queer, anti-racist, affirmative action employer. Our commitment is to provide and sustain an inclusive and diverse work environment that reflects the community we serve. All employment decisions at the Rainbow Center are based on community needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. LGBTQ people, people of color, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the following:
- Revenue and expenditure entries into QuickBooks
- Run canned reports for ED and Board of Directors
- Submit grant reimbursement requests (Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington State)
- Perform reconciliation with QuickBooks and bank account
- Experience and expertise with QuickBooks
- Experience and expertise with non-profit accounting
- Understanding of grant management (financial aspects)
- Demonstrated experience, ability and desire to work and identify with LGBTQ community of varying socioeconomic classes, identities, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and work independently with limited supervision
- Able to pass a Washington State Patrol background check.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel. Previous experience with Google products (including Gmail, Google docs, etc.) a plus.
- A strong commitment to an anti-racist framework.
- Persons who are bilingual and multicultural, identifying with the LGBTQ, Latinx, or African American community are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOURS OF WORK:
1½ to 2 days work each week (10-15 hours weekly) during business hours, M-F 8:30am-5pm.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Starting pay $20 per hour, depending on applicable experience. Benefits include paid holidays and paid time off. Work environment that promotes self-care and collaboration.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to Troy Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications that do not include both a cover letter and resume will not be considered.
Candidates for employment at Rainbow Center (RC) should be aware that this is a unique work environment in which topics of sexuality, sexual orientation, and gender identity are an integral part of our day to day community interactions. Individuals who are uncomfortable with such topics, discussions, and the occasional related graphic representations may choose not to work at RC.